This tutorial contains GIF images.
If they fail to load please visit the help center via web browser.
You can zoom this page with Ctrl+.
How to string frames and place electrical devices:
- Open the Electrical design window.
- Select your preferred stringing method:
Single row stringing - strings every row in a frame with one continuous string.
U stringing - strings frames in U shaped strings in accordance to defined example
Custom stringing - strings frames in accordance to one's defined example.
ⓘ You can read more about custom stringing here
- Select the string direction. It's later used for the starting and ending points of DC cabling.
- Click on String PV area to string an entire area or String frames for separate frame stringing.
If you choose to string a PV area you must then click on the polyline of that area.
In the case of Frames - doing a mass select over a number of frames works fine.
After the stringing is done you will see that there are positive and negative signs & indicative strings created. All of these elements are later used for electrical equipment, color coding & cabling.
2. Place electrical devices.
In order to generate device placement you must first place your central inverter or substation block object in your designated area.
- The first thing you should do is select the PV area(s) that you will be using for the electrical device placement and connection. To do this click on Select PV areas and then on the PV area polylines.
- You will then see the total amount of strings for that area both used and unused.
Used - strings that are already connected to devices.
Unused - strings that are still free for connection.
- Afterwards you have to decide on the Device placement mode. You can currently choose from three different types:
Trench adjacent - equipment will be placed near the trench & closer to the substation.
String adjacent - equipment is placed on the same frame as its string.
Clustering by row - the total amount is divided and placed on the selected rows.
Placement is done to minimize AC cabling length.
- To select your electrical system setup you have to click on the checkboxes.
Based on your selection the sizing inputs will appear in the small windows.
- For easier configuration of electrical devices the software calculates how many devices/strings you'll need for your configuration for one substation or central inverter.
- Please note that the amount of devices you input per substation/central inverter will cap it at this value. Which means you have to input how many total devices you will have for that substation/central inverter even if your area doesn't have that many strings.
- Next step is to click on Auto generate and specify the substation or central inverter block object that you will be connecting your electrical devices to.
If you don't have block object created you must do so and place it somewhere near the PV area.
- After the generation you will notice electrical devices placed in your specified areas as well as the string numbering based on your system setup.
ⓘ If you wish to take a more customizable approach to electrical design, you can find the tutorial here: