This tutorial contains GIF images.
If they fail to load please visit the help center via web browser.
You can zoom this page with Ctrl+.
Contour line conversion
This tool is used to create height measurement numbers on topographical contour height lines and should be used when a contour survey has contour lines but there is no elevation data present on the actual line object:
- After pressing on the Contour line conversion button you have to select any contour line which has either topographical measurements or elevation.
- Next step is to select any text which is showing the height points or press ESC to use the polyline's elevation parameter.
- Then enter the distance between height points. Meaning how far from each other do you want the new height numbers to be generated.
- Finally select Y ( Y - yes) or N ( N - no ) if the selected polylines are divided between height points. (Usually No)
Important things to note:
- If you have more than one layer or different parameter contour lines, the software will only pick up one type. After doing the iteration for one layer/type of contour line you must then proceed to do this with the other lines,
- If you have a topographical survey done that includes both height points & contour lines it is best to have all of these coordinates on the same layer (For instance PVcase coordinates) and then select them when generating layouts.
- If a polyline doesn't have topographical measurements or the measurements are generated incorrectly you can use the contour lines' elevation.