This is a major upgrade to PVcase as we're introducing a new framing type that is fully compatible with all PVcase functionalities - East-west!
- East-west frame creation - the new framing type can be selected inside frame creation. There is an additional input for the central gap between two tables and the rest of the inputs are the same as for fixed-tilt systems.
- Custom piling for east-west - as one of the major aspects of PVcase is the customizable piling - it is now part of the new framing type creation also.
- Multiple preset generation for east-west - mixing different table sizes in order to fill out an area's capacity is now also possible using the new framing type. The tables will be placed by size in descending order from the alignment side.
- Shading limit angle, pitch distance limitations, customizable azimuth for east-west - east-west table placement is now as customizable for any area as is fixed-tilt without overcomplicating the design process with too many inputs.
- Terrain tolerance for east-west table placement on bumpy terrain - even though E-W tables don't tend to go to such extremes as trackers or even more so fixed-tilt tables - you're still able to look out for any issues when placing the tables on uneven terrain.
- Shading limit angle based generation using a fluctuating pitch - as with the fixed-tilt framing type, when generating east-west tables on terrain they will be placed by keeping a constant shading limit angle row to row for optimal placement between shading losses and capacity.
- Two-way generation for east-west - in order to adapt to the users needs E-W tables can be generated in a two-way fashion by selecting a corner of an area and then forcing the tables to follow the border.
- Cross sections and front views for east-west - being able to do precise cross sections for more in depth analysis without needing to view tables in 3D.
- Layout information tools for in depth table placement analysis - using frame terrain, inclination angle display and piling information feature outputs to check for uneven terrain and pole heights that could exceed manufacturers requirements and require grading underneath the table.
- Customizable stringing and stringing presets for E-W - you can have multiple stringing presets that are fully customizable and are saved in the DWG and also exported to other projects.
- Automated device generation along with numbering - there are 6 different system types to choose from along with the ability to align devices to an alignment line.
- Differentiated device generation for DC combiners and string inverters - using auto generate the strings that will be connected to devices are now impacted by which way they face. String inverters will connect strings to devices from both east and west sides while DC combiners will combine strings only from separate sides to separate DC combiners.
- Automated DC and AC (LV) cabling - based on your system type DC or AC cabling polylines will be automatically drawn up following the route of the selected trenchline.
- Conversion of LV cables to 3D - for more precise cable lengths that are caused by cabling travelling up to a table and through a trenchline over undulating terrain.
- Bill of materials export - with detailed information about cable runs and piling coordinates along with pole length measurements.
- Export to PVsyst - easy export to PVsyst for a near shading scene analysis for both terrain based and flat ground designs.
Other notable changes:
- Improvements to tracker line alignment - we're looking to vastly improve our tracker generation line alignment but before doing that we're adding smaller and temporary improvements when using this generation type by allowing the alignment line to be placed outside of an area or over an offset.
- Table inclination angle direction display - generating the inclination angles for tables will now have a directional arrow next to them showing the downward slope of a table. In addition to this the tracker tables that are facing North will also have these values color coded in red for easier detection. These are also temporary improvements with more thorough functionalities for this assesment coming later on.
- Change module power will allow a 0 module power input so that you're able to disregard certain frames from layout information capacity calculation.
- Adapt to terrain will remove information like frame terrain assigned to the table.