This tutorial contains GIF images.
If they fail to load please visit the help center via web browser.
You can zoom this page with Ctrl+.
In this tutorial we will show what information can be acquired using the Layout information.
- Layout information
- Bill of Materials.
Checking area information
The Layout information tab gives you the information on multiple PV areas so you don't have to check the information yourself. This window has to be refreshed if any changes have been done to the PV area.
To start off you need to Select PV areas and either does a mass select or one-by-one selection of your PV areas. The order in which you select areas will also be the order of the numbering.
Customizing the layout information table
There are a few ways you can customize the layout information table to your liking. This can be done by clicking on the cogwheel icon or the filter.
- Customize the columns - click on the cogwheel to chose what type of information you want to see and to organize the column order.
- Customize the frame types to be counted - by clicking on the filter button you're able to filter out certain frame types. For instance, you can filter out maximum inclination exceeding tables and see how impacted your project capacity is due to complicated terrain.
Hide area contents
You can hide tables and objects related to them (except for electrical design) which speeds up AutoCAD's performance and provides a better-organized workflow.
You can also select frames that belong to a certain area by right-clicking anywhere on the row.
Clicking on the Frame information button and selecting the frame, will provide you all the information about the individual table to inspect.
Row & pitch display
Generates row numbering in PV areas and pitch distance between those rows.
Piling information can be used to:
- Reference poles by numbering.
- Show the pole aerial length.
- Reference the coordinates of each pole to export into BOM.
To use Piling information simply click on the button and then select your PV area. After generation, you'll see the piling numbers which represent the table number and pole number of that table along with the pole aerial length.
The numbering settings can be found in the command line after you click on Piling information.
Bill of Materials
Quick preview of bill of materials
The second tab in the Layout information is the Bill of Materials section. Here you can get quick information about the materials that were used in the layout.
Exportation to XLSX format
To review the final detailed report you need to use the Export to XLSX feature. Select the location on your computer and select Yes or No if you want to open it after successful exportation.
Final Bill of Materials report
The final report in XLSX format contains:
• Project overview;
• Piling information (coordinates);
• Electrical design information - AC / DC cabling.